(Monday, January 17th, 2011)
King cheetahs are not so exceptional that you can’t see them in zoos (but you may have to travel to meet them). I wondered if it was possible to list of zoos of the world which have at least one of them in exhibition.
- DeWildt Cheetah Research Centre, in De Wildt (South Africa)
- Kapama Game Reserve (South Africa)
- Taronga Western Plains Zoo in Dubbo (Australia, NSW)
- Kgosi: animal ambassador from the Wild Cat Education & Conservation Fund in Occidental, California (USA).
Of course, such a list cannot be permanently up-to-date without the help of the readers of YLoveBigCats. Please, feel free to comment to add new locations (or tell when the last king cheetah of a zoo unfortunately died, as it happens sometimes).
Locations which previously had king cheetahs:
- Email This Post Comments Off